Jill & Todd:
- From Calgary, AB Canada
- In 2018 we decided a major life change was needed and asked ourselves, “when is enough enough?”
- We wanted to be free from suburbia and the grind that goes with city living (commuting, taxes, mortgage, HOA fees)
- The conversation started with hey lets buy a houseboat!, lets buy an RV!, lets buy a 5th wheel! NO lets buy a BUS!
- So that’s what we did, in Jan 2018 we bought a bus from Arizona and brought it up to Canada on a very cold Easter in 2018
- Sold the house in May 2019 and moved into Ruby full-time.
- We are adventurers looking forward to exploring all of America, from Mexico city to Tuktoyaktuk and beyond!
- She is a Prevost shell, that was made in Canada in 1989
- Was originally purchased brand new and converted in 1990 by Liberty Coach so her technical title is “1990 Prevost Liberty Coach”
- Her original purchase price was $680,000 US and she was purchased by a guy in Texas, who had her for 7 years.
- She was then purchased by a military man from Arizona, who had her until we bought her in Jan 2018.
Here are some stats that people always want to know:
- Diesel pusher – Detroit 2 Stroke Diesel 8 V92 with 500 horsepower – with blower and turbo
- Transmission – 4 speed Allison automatic
- 5.5 MPG (on a good day!)
- Loaded weight – 46,000 lbs
- Length – 40 feet
- Drives like a marshmallow
- Came with 128,000 miles (built for 1 Mil)
- 4 Solar panels (1200 watts)
- 2 charge controllers
- 11 house batteries
- 4 engine batteries
- 500L fresh water tank
- 500L grey/black tank
- Can go up to 2 weeks off grid with water / grey tanks